4 UX Design Tips to Increase Business Conversion for Mobile Apps
The satisfactory user experience leads to more time spent on a web app and increased business
conversion. User experience directly affects business conversion. We are already aware of few
ground rules of quality user experience like clean interface without clutter, intuitive and easy
navigation, faster-loading speed, etc.
While these principles provide the foundation for a quality user
experience, few tricks and tips can significantly uplift the user experience and boost business
conversion. Here we offer 7 UX design tips to boost business conversion.
1. Follow the ground rules of great UX design
When you follow the tested and tried principles that stood out with every successful web UX design,
most of the things are automatically achieved. The following principles and practices work as the
foundation of good design that most app developers follow to keeps users engaged.
- A clean home page with the essential contents and contact information displayed above the
- Clean design with least cognitive load or distractions. Allow a lot of white space around
contents to boost visibility.
- Clear and easily-tappable Call to Action buttons with optimum colour contrast.
- A colour scheme that increases readability and encourages traction.
- Consistent design with conventional signs to help easier understanding.
- A search functions to help to find contents.
- No broken links.
- A mixed content strategy with byte-sized text, images, infographics and small videos.
- For text content, improved readability with small sections, heads, subheads and bullet
- Minimalist design stripped of all the unnecessary elements.
2. A great onboarding experience
It is said that the first few seconds after landing on an app is most crucial to shaping the first and
When the user lands on the website, it is not only needed to make him feel at
ease, but it should instantly allow access to the contents and solution the user was looking for. This
is what we refer as onboarding experience. Let's look at some ways to ensure a perfect onboarding.
- Use a few introductory screens to brief users what they get from your web app.
- Make sure that the users do not need to wait impatiently for contents and functions they
are looking for. Users are very impatient and can leave the app with a wrong impression.
- As people tend to learn better by context and action, always make them understand how a
function works just when they are going to use it for the first time. You can show guiding tips
and signs in the context of their use.
- You can use sliders or content blocks to give a quick feel of the contents and features you
- Incentivise their use by points and encourage them to track their benefits from the web app.
- Train users with tips and guidance from time to time to help them get more out of the app.
- Use tutorial videos, on-screen tips and Chatbot messages to help them learn and progress.
3. Automate the tasks wherever possible
Now, when you have perfected the UX design by following the time-tested ground principles, it is
time to automate the tasks wherever you can. Automating simple tasks such as filling up forms can
save a lot of time and pain for the users and can help them stay onboard a little longer. Let us offer
here a few simple tips.
- Allow them to log in through social media account to help them avert filling up an entire
- Even when it is necessary for the user to fill up forms, let it be done with as fewer fields as
- For some fields opt for the data fetched from device sensor to make suggestions. For
example, when the device location is in Ontario, you can ask the user whether the current
location is the home city and accordingly allow filling up province, state and city fields
- For repeated information always allow automation to take care of filling up the form.
- In ecommerce or online ordering sites when the user saved a preferred payment mode, for
every transaction automatically process through that mode unless the user changes it.
- Allow users to save certain preferences and according to let the web app offer
recommendations and contents automatically.
4. Help them personalise and control access
When the user can use your app the way he wants it, he would have more reasons to become loyal
and give steady business conversions. This can be achieved by personalising certain aspects of the
From notification messages to recommendations based on user preferences to the
option of saving contents for future usage to personalising content priority based on individual
needs, there are multiple ways to do this. Here are some effective tips to personalise the user
- Just think of the way Youtube and Facebook allow you to save contents and access them
when you need it. This personalised access motivates users to stick to an app for longer.
- Personalising notification messages based on user schedule, preferred timing, frequency and
message content is another effective way to drive traction.
- Allowing offline access to many contents when internet speed is slower than usual is
another way to make UX better.
- In ecommerce apps allowing users to save preferred payment methods and personalised
recommendations are two powerful ways to boost business conversion.
- In ecommerce apps allowing users to save their products within a wish list bucket for as long
as possible, is a great way to enhance the sales.
UX design should be user-centric to boost the business conversion. The above-mentioned tips and
tricks only show how a user-centric approach can keep users more engaged, active and converting.
In this respect, evaluating the user journey from time to time and detecting the pulling factors are
essential. When you are aware of every small juncture in the user journey of your app, you can
always fine-tune things to a better shape.
You May Also Like