Header size – Problem with netbooks, tablet horizontal use
February 20, 2017 at 12:19 am #3615
First: One of my friends has a smaller notebook, it’s a netbook with 10,2 ” screen. The header of my website takes the half of the screen. Here is screenshot http://prntscr.com/eavj0v
The same problem exists with ipad mini, when you put in horizontal.
That’s not good, is there any solution for this problem?
Second: I am using Header 2 with transparent option. I have tried a lot of settings, but I cannot make the header smaller in high by scrolling down the website. Hope you understand, what I mean. There is always a big bar/space, showing the website titel and the menu. This header needs a lot of space on the side, it would be better to have it a little bit smaller.
How can I make the section smaller?
MarionFebruary 20, 2017 at 12:21 am #3616
What’s the screen resolution on 10.2″ notebook ?February 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm #3625
I have to ask my friend.
Do you have a solution for my second question? Thank you.February 20, 2017 at 11:49 pm #3634
On what website i can check this issue ? Share url.
RegardsFebruary 21, 2017 at 8:08 pm #3654
1. Netbook screen resolution is 1024×600 (16:9).
Maybe it could be a solution for such little divices to give them the same settings like mobile devices or tablets. But I am a beginner.
2. My Home page is Sugar-sweet.de.
P.S. I do not get an email from a reply. Don’t know why. In the beginning it works, since a few weeks it does not work.February 23, 2017 at 1:42 am #3669
Any news about this topic?February 23, 2017 at 2:11 pm #3676
1) You have long link names in your primary menu and this is mostly of time causing a header stretching on height even on much bigger screens like mine 1920×1080 so there is not any issue but you need to create few parent links and add other links as child links or just change names of your links to be a shorter than right now.
I will implement a new feature so you will be able to set from what min screen size you want mobile menu to display and this will help you allot, but this feature you can expect under next 1-2 weeks max.
2) You cannot make header smaller in height cause of issue 1) and i do not suggest you to try to resize it in height since header area is automatically resizing by header logo size or primary menu links (if they are too much like yours).
RegardsFebruary 23, 2017 at 9:50 pm #3691
Thank you Jerry. That sounds good. I will wait of the update that hopefully will help.
Long links I understand, but too much??? I don’t think so.
Please do not forget to remake the menu of the footer. It would be nice to have here the footer in a horizontal, means the links side by side, not one above the other.
I will close this thread as resolved.
MarionFebruary 23, 2017 at 10:02 pm #3694
It’s not too much but they are too long, that’s was main point.
As i have already stated, even on 1920×1080 resolution your primary menu is going below a logo since your links are very long and i suggest you to make proper corrections and make it shorter if you want nicer look of your primary menu.
I will see what i can do about footer horizontal menu… there will be few changes possibly.
RegardsFebruary 23, 2017 at 10:50 pm #3697
Okay, I will think about shorter headline-links
Thank you for your help.
Footer would be nice, if you could change something.
I am very glad to take your theme and I enjoy your good support.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.