Shop Categories

X

Question about Buddy Press

Home Forums Agama Pro Question about Buddy Press

Topic Resolution: Resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Marion
    Participant

Hello Jerry,

I have a question about Buddy Press. I always get an error message, if I try to install this plugin. I remember in the description of your theme that Buddy press is compatible. Could it be, that Buddy Press is still implemented in the theme? Because Buddy Press reprt says, it is right there.

Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Marion

Jerry
    Keymaster

Hello Marion,

Please let me some time to test latest Agama Pro theme with latest version Buddy Press plugin.

If i find any bug i will release quick update.

Will message you back today after test everything.

Marion
    Participant

Hello Jerry,

any news?

I have copied the error Message, maybe it would help. “Buddy Press says “Installation fehlgeschlagen: Der Zielordner existiert bereits.”” That means in englisch installation does not work, because already the file exists in the destination”.
    Maybe there is a problem in my SQL-data base?

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Marion

Jerry
    Keymaster

If you get that error it’s means that you must go trough FTP and delete from wp-content/plugins the buddy press folder and after that try again installing it.

This issue is not Agama Pro related.

Regards

Marion
    Participant

Thank you Jerry, I will try it.

Marion
    Participant

Hi Jerry,

i have to go to the SQL Data Base with mysqlPHP, because there is no way to get directly access with FTP. I cannot find a file wp_content also no file plugins. :(. Do you have an hint for me?

Thanks,
    Marion

Marion
    Participant

Hi Jerry,

I found it. :). But now I have no connection to the data base 🙁 after delete the Buddy Press file. Grrrr..

Any hints from you?

thank you very much.

Marion
    Participant

Also playing the deleted Buddy file back brings no success. data base access failed. shit.

Marion
    Participant

Hi Jerry,
    sorry for so many records. I have solved it :). I am an absolute beginner. The problem was the FTP connection destroyed the keyword in the config. Don’t know why, but keyword of the wordpress data base sql was changed. No it my HP works again. And I will try to install Buddy Press.

Maybe someone has the same problem, so I wrote the steps down.

Jerry
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us what issue was.

Regards

Marion
    Participant

The problem really should be the provider in my opinion. The FTP access destroy or reset the keyword of the SQL data base, so there is no access to WordPress. I open the config with dreamweaver put in the right password and upload the config with FTP. And now it works.

Buddy Press works now too, after deleting the file out of the content/plugin-file and new installation.

Thank you, Jerry.

Jerry
    Keymaster

Not problem 😉

Regards

Marion
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jerry
    Keymaster

Show some screens on what you mean.

Marion
    Participant

I did not mean the theme, but I mean the support box here. It’s very uncomfortable and inconvenient.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.