Replacement of WPBakery with Elementor; Feature & Documentation Availability
November 4, 2018 at 6:30 pm #11196
I could REALLY use some targeted guidance – would someone please weigh in on my basic assumptions below? I’d very much appreciate it!!!
(I am new to this set of tools – I have the technical background and aptitude, though my knowledge base is seriously rusty (frontpage was the last web development tool I used). So please please forgive me if my questions include incorrect / outdated assumptions.)
1. My purchase included Agama Pro parent and the Agama Blue Pro child themes (which I, perhaps incorrectly equate to templates). I installed the parent 1st, then the child, activating the child. Is this correct?
2. Neither theme is populated with the structure or content the free live demo contained, so it appears, unless I installed it incorrectly, that instead of having a model to work with, replacing content and modifying section backgrounds, images, etc., I will have to use the plugins to create sections (including backgrounds, images, text, etc.) from scratch – IS THIS CORRECT? If it is NOT CORRECT, could someone please provide links to documentation or some succinct guidance to point me in the right direction.
Regarding the plugins – It appears that most of the instruction / documentation refers to VISUAL COMPOSER, which is now WPBakery. However the most recent change log for AGAMA PRO indicates the bundled version of WPBakery was REPLACED with Elementor. IS ELEMENTOR bundled, and if so is it the Pro version (and if so how do I access those additional features)? And is there any documentation for it with regard to using with with the Agama Pro Template?
3. Where and with what tool do I add content for the Agama Pro Template such as Organization, Contact, and Product/Pricing/Shipping information? If I will have to use the plugins to create sections and build pages I see I’ll have to incorporate it within those pieces and parts as I build them – but my impression was that THE BENEFIT OF WORDPRESS AND A TEMPLATE WAS TO HAVE A DYNAMIC WEBSITE, and developing individual components, well, that would be a static situation and that doesn’t make any sense.
Advice? Point me to some targeted information that gives me a good start? Thanks so much!November 5, 2018 at 9:04 am #11198
Sorry for the late reply. We are not in the office at the weekend.
I will do my best to answer your questions…
1. When you purchase a theme, you receive two files: Agama-Pro (currently 1.4.6.) and Agama-Pro child theme.https://prnt.sc/lehsma
The Agama-Blue is the child theme of the Agama(Free) theme. And you can freely download it from the next address:https://wordpress.org/themes/agama-blue/
So, if you want to use an Agama-Pro-child theme, you need to install the Agama-Pro theme first, then Agama-Pro-child.
2. Unfortunately, the option to import a demo content is still under construction, so it is necessary to make the content on your site by yourself. If you want to import some content from our demo site, I can do it for you. In that case, I will need your WP admin Credentials in a private reply. (Check the “set as a private reply” checkbox below the post). And of course, in that case, also you will need to explain me in more detail which pages you would like to import.
As for the documentation, our knowledge base is a good point to start with.http://docs.theme-vision.com/
Also, many good tutorials can be found on youtube.
Here is some of them:
How To Make A WordPress Website Within One Hour (using the free Elementor page builder)
The reason we moved to the Elementor Page Builder (from version 1.4.6) is that, in our personal opinion, Elementor Page Builder is currently the best available site builder for the WordPress.
If you prefer WP Bakery page builder, you can download it from the following link:
Elementor Page builder does not come with the theme.
We recommend you to install a free version of the plugin, which works perfectly with our theme, via Dashboard-> Plugins-> Add new … then search for the “Elementor”
3. In order to have the Web-Shop, you will need to Install the “Woocommerce” plugin (you can download it from your dashboard too).
Please check next links:
How to Use WooCommerce Plugin 2018 | Complete WordPress Woocommerce Tutorial
I hope that I have helped you to solve some questions … if you have more, feel free to contact us
Best RegardsNovember 5, 2018 at 4:37 pm #11214November 5, 2018 at 5:40 pm #11215November 5, 2018 at 6:22 pm #11216This reply has been marked as private.November 5, 2018 at 6:53 pm #11217November 6, 2018 at 9:37 am #11222
Basically, on the Default page template, on the left side on your page is the Main content area, which can be edited with the Page builders.
On the right side is the “Sidebar” widgets area in which you can add the “Widgets”
How to Add and Edit WordPress Widgets
How to Setup Pages, Menus, and Widgets in WordPress
At the bottom of every static page, you have an “Agama Options ” meta box in which you can turn off the sidebar for every specific page if you don’t need it.https://prnt.sc/lewttp
The widgets can be added in the footer area too.
In addition to the classic way to add widgets from the dashboard, in our theme, there is another way to add them using the customizer(Customizing->Widgets)
Also from the Agama meta box, you can add the custom Logo, header image, slider or change the breadcrumb for each page separately.
If you want to have the slider on the top of the page, you have the “Agama” slider which can be configured from the Customizer: http://docs.theme-vision.com/article/setup-agama-slider/
Also with the theme, you have received the Layer slider WP and Slider revolution plugins.
I have already imported and enabled the “Full-width demo slider” from our theme demo webpage. on your homepage.
If you don’t like it, you can remove it from the “Agama Options” meta box on your homepage.
On youtube, you can find many good tutorials on how to configure the Layer and Revolution Slider.
I hope this has helped you. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us again.
RegardsNovember 6, 2018 at 3:47 pm #11227
Thanks for taking the time to xfer content and provide additional resources : )
JenNovember 6, 2018 at 3:48 pm #11228
You are welcome 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.