Joomla vs WordPress: Advantages of WordPress over Joomla for Ecommerce
When deciding on a CMS (content management system) for your platform, it is important to make an informed choice, since your CMS has a big impact on your website. Today, there is a wide range of CMS platforms with unique advantages and disadvantages. Two of the most competitive are WordPress and Joomla.
Advantages of Joomla vs. WordPress for Ecommerce
- Excellent integrated attributes. Rich functionality enables you to carry out any actions with your webshop. In addition, you can configure users with the help of an access control list (ACL). Distributive trades are also possible across a single website.
- Customer support. If you need help, the support team is there for you around the clock on weekdays.
- Multilingualism. With the current trend toward globalization, many businesses are searching for clients abroad. Using this CMS, you can develop a multilingual online store in the desired language quite quickly, compared to other platforms.
- Integrated optimization for smartphones. The majority of WordPress templates are made to work on mobile devices.
- Customer support. A WordPress developers’ club regularly visits the website, resolving many tech difficulties for users. You can find answers to your tech questions on specialized forums.
- Multilingual options. A shortage of certain languages within any platform can be solved with WordPress plug-ins and templates that are translated into many languages for WP users.
Comparing 2 Platforms – WordPress vs. Joomla
- Search engine optimization (SEO). Joomla has a slight advantage for SEO, since it allows you to write HTTP tags for new posts. WordPress provides a widely used plugin called Yoast SEO. It rates your site’s performance and gives you tips on how to optimize it in each area.
- Customization options. Although both platforms are stuffed with many add-ons for all possible uses, WordPress has a huge amount of plugins. For your website design, WordPress has a larger collection of templates and stylesheets than Joomla.
- Navigation. The WordPress dashboard is easier to use and has clear functionality. Joomla’s control panel is stuffed with many buttons and features that are difficult for novices to understand and master.
- Maintenance. Although Joomla’s site has a category called Maintenance, it only works for website updates. WordPress provides easy-to-understand maintenance tools, with more add-ons than Joomla to enhance the functionality of your site.
- Safety. Both platforms offer add-ons to protect your website, which they have been constantly updating. WordPress is more popular, and has more managers who keep the platform safe. Although Joompla gives users valuable information, it urges them to be careful when facing security issues. WordPress has a premium feature where specialists conduct a detailed analysis of your site’s code, to detect weaknesses.
- Speed. WordPress has a broader spectrum of add-ons than Joomla for improving your website’s speed. Also, it has more trained staff members who keep your website speedy. In addition, less computing power is needed for WordPress, making it faster than Joomla by default.
- Learning curve. WordPress is an excellent option for users who want to quickly launch a website. Its primary features, templates, and add-ons are easy to understand. Also, multiple themes allow you to create tailor-made pages according to your preferences. You will not have to search for any tutorials or articles online. You will have to be patient to master Joomla. It is more difficult for non-tech-savvy users than WordPress.
Ways to Improve Your Site With Joomla vs. WordPress
Both CMS platforms offer many extensions to help you improve your website.
- WordPress plugins and Joomla extensions provide robust functions.
- WordPress themes and Joomla templates are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Although both CMSs are very diverse, the WordPress plugin marketplace is more extensive, with many options.
The current number of add-ons in Joomla vs.WordPress:
- WordPress is overflowing with more than 55,000 plugins and 5,000 free themes.
- Joomla has more than 7,900 extensions and uses 2 types of templates – for front-end and back-end. Since it does not have an official library, we cannot determine the exact number of templates.
Which Platform is Better – Joomla or WordPress?
Recently, the online space has been buzzing about which platform is superior. Although WordPress is the evident winner by many factors, both platforms have rich functionality. Each CMS has certain benefits over the other, and either of the two could be ideal, depending on your project and preferences.
Your choice of CMS should be based on your goals and your level of competency in website development. Joomla lets you customize your website without using add-ons. If you are tech-savvy, Joomla can be an excellent option for you.
WordPress is recognized as one of the easiest platforms to use. You can quickly build and launch a WordPress-based website without seeking help from a specialist. If you do need help, a WordPress developer will likely charge less for their services than a Joomla developer.